United in Vision. Connected by Culture.
14701 Saint Mary's Lane, Suite 150
Houston, Texas 77079
This position is to assist the Controller and Assistant Controller with the day-to-day accounting responsibilities, month-end close, and special projects to help improve and implement accounting processes. It is mandatory that the candidate has experience working as a full-cycle accountant who is proficient in all areas of accounting and understands how to apply GAAP (General Accounting Accepted Principles) to provide accurate financial information to management by reviewing and analyzing accounting data, preparing ad-hoc reports, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts. The successful candidate must possess excellent time-management skills, be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment, and have an excellent work ethic, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following:
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts and reconciles accounts.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, or related field or a minimum of 4 years of full-cycle general ledger accounting experience.
- Must have experience with major online accounting software.
- Strong Excel skills and working knowledge of other Microsoft products including Word and Outlook.
- Must have experience in a multi-company environment and prepare inter-company allocation.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
- Knowledge of IFRS a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
This is a high growth, fast paced small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in a rapidly changing environment is critical as this position requires a significant level of initiative and little micromanagement.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.
- Paid Holidays
- Accrued paid time off, up to fifteen days during first year of employment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Short-Term Disability
- Company paid Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) – Traditional and Roth